New Zealand's violin teachers agree; "Endeavour 'Alumnus' violins are the ultimate solution for a great violin."
- Full specifications listed below...
"The Alumnus is the ultimate solution for a great violin."
Endeavour 'Alumnus' violins are meticulously hand-carved in China to strict design and quality specifications of The String Workshop. They stand out from other brands of 'heavy' and 'dull' instruments which are swamping today's market.
Made from carefully hand selected fine-grained and seasoned tonewoods, they are lovingly hand carved, hand assembled, carefully hand varnished with traditional techniques, and then undergo thorough quality control checks before being sent to New Zealand. Once they arrive in New Zealand, they are again inspected and evaluated for quality. Each instrument is then personally set-up by Phil Whitehead and professionally adjusted for perfect playability, and for the most clear and balanced tone.
New Zealand's violin teachers agree; Endeavour 'Alumnus' violins are excellent instruments.
ENDEAVOUR "ALUMNUS" specs:
- Pegs: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: 'Despiau' (France)
- Strings: Pirastro 'Violino' (Germany)
- Tailpiece: 'Wittner', with built-in precision fine-tuners. (Germany)
- Belly: Solid select spruce
- Back: Solid flamed Maple
- Ribs: Solid flamed Maple
- Varnish: Hand brushed natural recipe
- Bow: Brazilian hardwood stick. Nickel mounted ebony frog. Natural unbleached horsehair. Silver lapping. Leather thumb grip.
- Case: Lightweight oblong model. Water resistant durable nylon cover, impact resistant styrofoam core. With two bow clips, A4 sheet music pocket, and 2 removable shoulder straps.
ou are welcome to visit 'The String Workshop' in Mairangi Bay and try before you buy.